Tuesday 14 February 2012

Discussion with co-advisor


Title of activity: Discussion with co-advisor

Objective: To get opinions from my co-advisor regarding the project.

Content:
            For every student, they will have an advisor and two co-advisors to guide them in doing their projects. I have decided to go and see my first co-advisor which is Dr. Mohd Khairil B. Rahmat to discuss about “Wind Turbine Generator in Train System”. This is such an advantage for me as he is from Electrical Section and power is a field that he is mastered in.

Result:
            Diagram below shows the rough idea of this “Wind Turbine Generator in Train System” project. The mechanical energy will be converted into electrical energy and then will go through a generator before light a 10W bulb. This sounds easy but the energy produced by the wind turbine is an AC supply hence it must be converted into DC supply before being used to light up the 10W bulb. I was advised by him to look upon Power System Lab 1 which the concept is related to my final year project. Both my supervisor and co-advisor suggested me to go to the train station and do observation to collect the data needed to do this project.
Conclusion:
            As for conclusion, I can say that various opinions from different people will help a lot for any cases. Discussion by discussion must be made in order to get a clearer understanding. Now what I need to do is to arrange a meeting to interview the engineer from the train station selected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment